John Barrowman Radio Times Interview

By Mark
The latest issue of the Radio Times, which is currently on sale in all good newsagents at the price of £1.10, features an exclusive interview with John Barrowman inside. In the interview, John talks about the upcoming Torchwood radio plays which will air on BBC Radio Four next month as well as many other things. You can view two extracts from this recent interview with John Barrowman here on this site below;

“I’m in two minds about radio plays,” says Barrowman. “I can listen to the Torchwood radio plays, but I have a hard time listening to other radio dramas. That’s why, when they asked me to do them, I was a bit like, Hmmm. But the success of Lost Souls was amazing and it opened my eyes to this media that’s always been out there, but which Torchwood hadn’t really tapped into.”

“I’ve just finished my concert tour and one thing I said every night on stage, when I would talk about being Captain Jack, was, ‘I will never tire of hearing a kid in a supermarket saying, “I love you, Captain Jack”.’ I will never tire of that.”


The issue also features a short interview with Anita Sullivan who has written the first of this year's Torchwood radio plays, Asylum. Asylum will air on the first of July at 2:15pm on BBC Radio Four and it will then be followed by Golden Age on the second of July and The Dead Line on the third of July. Golden Age and The Dead Line will also both air on BBC Radio Four and like with Asylum, their transmission times will also be 2:15pm. You can view more information about all three of this year's radio plays here, here and here in previous posts.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Brad 25 June 2009 at 06:57
    This issue sounds good but I won't be buying this.

    Brad
    The Gallifrey Vortex

Something to say?