Doctor Who Series Four Soundtrack

By Mark
Silva Screen have now revealed that a soundtrack featuring music from the fourth series of Doctor Who will be released this November. It will be the third new series soundtrack to hit the shops following on from the first soundtrack which consisted of music from series one and two, and the second soundtrack that consisted of music from series three and Voyage of the Damned. Most of the music on the soundtrack is performed by the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and all of it has been written by Murray Gold. The track list for the series four soundtrack is at the moment unknown but we do know from the cover that "Song of Freedom" and "The Doctor's Theme" will feature on the album. Play have the album listed for release on the seventeenth of November but this release date has not yet been confirmed. More information will be released by Silva Screen soon. In other news, the first soundtrack for Torchwood will hit the shops this Monday and consist of music from series one and two of the show. You can view a trailer and the track list for the Torchwood soundtrack here.
 

7 comments so far.

  1. Doctor Who Hideout 20 September 2008 at 15:05
    Cool Post. I'm glad that Silvia Screen have decided to release this. The Music in Doctor Who is just so fantastic it makes the world around you soundless. Series four had the best music in my opinion, cant wait to listen to 'Song for Freedom'. This is one thing I dont want to miss.
  2. Brad 20 September 2008 at 19:26
    I love most of the music in Doctor Who but I don't think I'll be buying this.
  3. The Powerful Boy 21 September 2008 at 06:15
    cool post
  4. Anonymous 21 September 2008 at 13:27
    doctor who music is the best music on any tv programme! i love the ood song!
  5. Anonymous 21 September 2008 at 19:27
    J'adore the music of Doctor Who 100%. Sheer brilliance. I still haven't managed to get my copy of the previous edition of the Doctor Who Soundtrack series! I can't find it. I'd also like to buy Torchwood CD too.
    Brilliant site.
    Keep it up.
  6. Conor 21 September 2008 at 20:11
    The cover is really cool I cant wait to get this.
  7. Anonymous 6 October 2008 at 15:46
    Hang on, surely the most important music from Series 4 is the new theme tune arrangement? Why hasn't that been mentioned? Is it even going to be included? Why not? Is it "The Doctor's Theme"? The Doctor's Theme was a track on the first soundtrack. If it's the same thing, why re-release it? Why can't I end a sentence without a question mark? I'm confused.

Something to say?