Doctor Who 2009 Specials Update

By Mark
The picture above was made by me.
In an interview with the Daily Telegraph, Julie Gardner revealed that the second Doctor Who 2009 special will air at Easter. The first of the specials will air this Christmas and the last of the specials will air next Christmas. People are speculating that the third will air at Halloween. Here is a quote from the interview;

"Our main motivation for giving Doctor Who a break is that we want the audience to remember how much they love it," she said. "Come 2010, we want people to be cheering its return. We are making four one-hour specials. The first, which we’ve already filmed, will go out this Christmas. The next will go out the following Easter. The other specials have yet to be scheduled, although one will definitely be on at Christmas 2009."

It is rumoured that one of the hour long episodes will be set in Egypt. Could this mean the return of Sutekh? We'll just have to wait and find out. In other news a teaser trailer for The Sarah Jane Adventures series two was shown tonight after the Doctor Who finale repeat. It is about fifteen seconds long and will be uploaded onto the site tomorrow. What do you think of this news?
Enjoy My Post
Please Comment Below
Thanks
 

11 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 13 July 2008 at 20:06
    Cool can't wait

    I hope 3rd special is at Halloween
  2. Conor 13 July 2008 at 21:46
    Cool post and deadly image, cant wait for the specials. And WOO a SJA S2 trailer wasnt expecting that!
  3. Collin Kelley 13 July 2008 at 23:44
    Can't wait to see these specials and that Sarah Jane clip!!! A friend of mine went to Statford today and sent me an amazing picture of the poster of Tennant in Hamlet, which being later this month. If you'd like to post it, I'll send it along.
  4. Mark 14 July 2008 at 15:38
    Hiya, thanks for your comments everyone :D If you could send an image of the poster along Collin then that would be great :D Photo credit would be given if you want to write the name in the email. My email is; torchwood.jb@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance. Screencaps for The Sarah Jane Adventures trailer will also be added :) I'm making them at the moment.
  5. Doctor Who Hideout 14 July 2008 at 17:27
    Great Picture. I suspect the third will be a Halloween special. Cant wait for this suposed Egyptian Special :D sounds great.
  6. Anonymous 21 August 2008 at 16:46
    omg cant wait for the episodes :):):)

    bu i defo cant wait for season 5:):):)

    2010 :(:(:(:(
  7. Leah Rojers 6 September 2008 at 03:19
    I love Doctor Who but I live in America. Will we see the next season in 2010 to. Because sometimes we have to waint months or even a year or so longer than you guys in englind do.
  8. Anonymous 18 October 2008 at 14:00
    I love Doctor Who to!And I want buy the book about it,but I don't know where can I get it.Can you give me some help?I live in China.
  9. Anonymous 27 December 2008 at 08:08
    Maybe we'll get more mileage out of our favorite doctor (I mean you, David T), if he gets hooked up with a really good osteopath. He should fly over Ross Keen from New Zealand. (I offer this in the interest of all Who fandom)
  10. Anonymous 2 January 2009 at 09:04
    It is a shame that David T. has decided to leave as he has been one of the best Doctors. I hope that this gap in seasons won't spell the end to the growing following both in the UK and Canada/US. Having followed since the first black and white shows it was great to see its come back over the last 4 years. Tony J. B.C. Canada
  11. Unknown 29 May 2009 at 02:55
    Seems to me that the first reason I heard for the irregular episodes was the change of writers not drumming up fan interest. While I was sad that I wouldn't be able to watch a full season of The Doctor, I understood that a transition like that could be difficult. I have to say that the above quote which basically says they are only doing a few specials to make us remember what we love about Dr. Who is rather insulting. I never forgot and while I'm willing to be patient when techincal issues get in the way, I don't enjoy being manipulated. Are they a network or an oil company? Logistics are one thing jerking your fans around for the hell of it is NOT NICE!

Something to say?