Site Wallpaper - Children of Time

By Mark
To celebrate this site's second anniversary, I have created an exclusive wallpaper for the visitors of this site to use. The wallpaper is of 1024 x 768 dimensions and is designed so that your desktop icons don't cover the main parts of the image. I have made two different colour variants of the wallpaper and you can view and download both of them by clicking on the thumbnails below;









These wallpapers are free to use for everyone but if you are going to reproduce them then please give credit where it is due, thanks in advance. You can view a previous wallpaper I created to commemorate Toshiko Sato and Owen Harper from Torchwood here. I hope you enjoy these wallpapers and would appreciate it if you let me know what you think of them by leaving a message in the comment section of this post. Which of the two do you prefer?
 

11 comments so far.

  1. Brad 15 February 2009 at 21:06
    Wow! Those wallpapers are fantastic! Well done, they're fantastic. I'm gonna set the blue one as my desktop wallpaper now!

    Brad
    The Gallifrey Vortex
  2. Anonymous 15 February 2009 at 22:53
    Nice work, but I miss K-9!
  3. Lenore Mariah 16 February 2009 at 01:55
    I've never commented yet, so it's about time, I think...
    Happy second anniversary, this is a great site. Saves me a lot of trouble with looking for all the awesome DW-related news myself. XD

    I love both wallpapers and I'm so happy you really put everyone in that I just have to use it, but I was wondering if it would be possible to make them 1280x1024 instead?
  4. Anonymous 16 February 2009 at 10:24
    What about Mickey ?
  5. Anonymous 16 February 2009 at 10:28
    that is brilliant the blue one is my favorite you should do them more often.
  6. Mark 16 February 2009 at 10:34
    Thanks for all of your kind comments everyone. Welcome to the site Johnny :), I would have added K9 but it would have made the rows uneven and I wasn't sure whether he would come under the title "Children of Time", if you want me to though, I could try adding K9 on somewhere but can't promise as there isn't much room. Welcome to the site Lenore as well :D Thanks for those nice words, I can try making them 1280x1024 for you but the wallpaper may lose some of it's quality. I'll hopefully experiment with the wallpapers today and try to a) make them bigger and b) add K9 as a variant of the wallpapers if there's a good place to put him :D
  7. Patar 16 February 2009 at 15:45
    Wow! These wallpapers are amazing! I like the blue one better. lol, the circles with the characters in look like pacmans, or pacmen with the triangle on the inside. I like pacman :) I like Pizza :) I like Space Invaders :) Also, I think K9 would definatley be classed as a "Child" of Time.. more so than Rhys. Although K9 and Rhys will have a similar status in TW and SJA next series.

    Pancakes anyone?
  8. Rhi 16 February 2009 at 17:26
    The blue one is my desktop wallpaper! Well done!
  9. Conor 16 February 2009 at 17:35
    Wow, those wallpapers are fantastic, just brilliant! Im using the blue one as my desktop wallpaper. :D
  10. Mark 16 February 2009 at 19:56
    Thanks again for your comments everyone, I would have put Mickey and K9 on the wallpaper but there was unfortunately a lack of room. I'm sorry to say that I won't be doing variants with K9 and Mickey on but will be posting 1280 x 1024 versions tomorrow.
  11. Anonymous 17 February 2009 at 19:03
    Thank you Mark.

    Maybe you could delete Toshi, Owen and Rhys. So there would be enough space for Mickey, K-9 and Jackie. ;o)

Something to say?