Matt Smith, The Eleventh Doctor

By Mark
It has now been officially confirmed that Matt Smith will take on the role of the Eleventh Doctor when David Tennant leaves Doctor Who at the end of next year. Matt is twenty six years old which makes him the youngest actor to be cast as The Doctor in the whole of the show's forty five year history. He has previously appeared in shows such as Party Animals and The Street and even worked alongside Billie Piper in both of her Sally Lockhart detective stories and Secret Diary of a Call Girl. More information including a press release about the casting will be posted tomorrow.
 

12 comments so far.

  1. Mark 3 January 2009 at 20:50
    I'd like to take this time to wish Matt the best of luck with Doctor Who, I'm sure he'll be great. I'll miss David Tennant when he goes as he's my favourite Doctor but I'm sure Matt will be fantastic too :D
  2. Anonymous 3 January 2009 at 20:54
    A younger version of our favorite Time lord will certainly attract younger audience to the series. He was not even close to my choices to the role, but I still wish him good luck.
  3. Anonymous 3 January 2009 at 22:35
    I was suprised when he appeared on screen. I haven't actually seen any of his work but the clips shown on confidential made me confindent that he will be a great doctor.

    And i'll say that he's better looking than tennant :D
  4. Anonymous 3 January 2009 at 22:50
    He is a great actor and looks very like the doctor should look.i am bit worried about his age but he is so funny and kind that i think he will grow into the role of The Doctor.I will be sad when David Tennant leaves.He was my Doctor and i wish Matt good luck.
  5. Collin Kelley 3 January 2009 at 23:24
    I think he'll be interesting. He looks very broody. I wonder if they'll wrap up all the companion issues -- like Donna -- with Tennant and sort of wipe the slate clean for series five? I just hope they don't have another unrequited love scenario with the next companion.
  6. Anonymous 3 January 2009 at 23:38
    Matt, welcome to the show! :)
  7. Anonymous 4 January 2009 at 15:02
    Matt looks great, he really looks like he has potential to be a great Doc.
    Heard good stuff about him and also the clips they've showed he looks good haha.
    Anyway more looking forward to Easter Special atm, as its closer.
  8. Anonymous 4 January 2009 at 17:28
    I think David Tennant is better looking Dan ;) Matt is good looking too though. Good luck Matt, I'm sure you'll be great.
  9. Mark 5 January 2009 at 09:21
    Thanks for your comments everyone and welcome to the site; Anonymous, Dan, Anonymous, Scott and Tennant Lover :) I'm sure Matt will be a fantastic Doctor and I'm looking forward very much to seeing his portrayal of the character :D
  10. Andrew Glazebrook 11 January 2009 at 02:29
    I'm willing to give Matt the benefit of the doubt,and I hope he proves himself to be a great Doctor when he starts !! Can't believe the amount of people slagging the poor guy off before he's even done an episode !!
  11. Anonymous 21 January 2009 at 15:34
    Apparently he was Steven Moffat's first choice that gives him some points.
  12. Anonymous 22 January 2009 at 16:15
    Hey is anyone else freaked out by his name? I mean if his first name was John I'd be really scared but it's still pretty strange

Something to say?