No Rose Tyler in Doctor Who Series 5?

By Mark
According to The Sun, Steven Moffat has revealed that he won't be bringing back Rose Tyler for the fifth series of Doctor Who and apparently described her character as being too 'needy' at the San Diego Comic Con. These are just rumours at the moment and may be true or false. Rose Tyler was The Doctor's companion for the first two series of the revived show and returned for the last three episodes of series four. She's very popular with the fans and was recently voted the favourite companion of all time. Steven hasn't officially ruled out the chance of Rose returning and will take over the show for it's fifth series in 2010 when Russell T Davies finishes his work on next year's specials. What do you think of this news?
 

83 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 1 August 2008 at 20:09
    Cool post, no more Rose........
    I think Moffat shouldnt of said this. So far he hasnt impresses fans.
  2. Doctor Who Hideout 1 August 2008 at 20:32
    Cool Post. To be honest I have to disagree with you Zobles. I and many other fans are happy with this as we feel its time Rose has left. The show has and always will be out change. If Rose fans are going to complain about Steven Moffat not bringing her back well then frankly they might aswell not watch the show as they are not proper fans. Roll on Series Five which will be a great series from Mr Moffat with new ideas!
  3. Anonymous 1 August 2008 at 20:58
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  4. Collin Kelley 1 August 2008 at 23:18
    I am a big fan of Rose Tyler. I think she's one of the best companions in the entire history of Doctor Who, but I don't think we need to see her again anytime soon. Maybe in 20 years time when they revive the series again and she reappears like Sarah Jane. I think they've about tapped out the Rose/Doctor storyline.
  5. Anonymous 2 August 2008 at 07:54
    BOO!!!!!!!
    First he gets rid of the Daleks, then Rose. Hes not impressing fans.

    GREAT POST

    RUSSELL WE WANT YOU BACK
  6. Anonymous 2 August 2008 at 09:31
    Great!
    No more Rose in Series 5 *happy*

    I think we have seen her enough... Series 1, 2 and also in Series 4...

    No more Rose! And also no more Daleks (we have seen them also enough)...

    I am waiting for the Moffat-Year!
  7. Anonymous 2 August 2008 at 10:26
    moffats stories are always a bit complicated i hope he dosent do to many one every now and again is fine.Who else is he going to get rid of!!!!The Doctor!I wouldent be suprised!
  8. Mark 2 August 2008 at 10:29
    Hiya everyone, thanks for your comments :) Welcome to the site Mannyerism, David and anonymous. I am a massive fan of Rose and would love her to return but not just yet. It would be a bit too soon. I'd give it at least a few series.
  9. Anonymous 2 August 2008 at 11:12
    I hope mr Moffat is right. NO MORE ROSE!!!! WOOOO I think we've all seen enough of her now. So bring on Jenny as series 5 companion. (It hasn't been confirmed. This is just what i want to see for S5) Also give the Daleks a rest now. Maybe 3 Series. Let them have a nice holiday in Florida with Davros. :D Bring back the sea devils or silurians (There both rumored to appear in one of the 2009 specials) Lol.

    Also nice site. I love it. Im a frequent visiter.
  10. Mark 2 August 2008 at 13:10
    Hiya fishburnyo, welcome to the site and thanks for the nice comments :) I agree about the Daleks, they do need a break before they come back. It's probably best that there's a few series before Rose returns if she does too. I would love the Sea Devils and Silurians to return. The Silurians are great and the idea of them being ancestors of this Earth before us is fantastic :D
  11. Anonymous 2 August 2008 at 13:35
    Ooh just had a thought. If some point in the future of Doctor Who the timelords and Gallifrey were restored then the walls between the universes could be reopened and Rose could come home BUT she could not travel with the Doctor because she has her own Doctor. Just appear in the odd episode maybe. I did have a bit of a over reaction with the WOOOO! i do like Rose but shes had her time as a full time companion.
  12. Anonymous 2 August 2008 at 15:46
    I'm glad Moffat isn't bringing so many old characters back.. I wouldn't like every season like Journey's End...

    But surely there's some old monsters too? Really old ones. As well as the new lot.
  13. tam1975 2 August 2008 at 23:20
    I do not think Moffat should have said what he said about Rose being to needy when the fans have made it clear that she is their all time favorite companion. The fans have spoken Moffat; you should listen to them.

    I would love for Rose to come back and travel with the Doctor, but I just wonder how Moffat would explain her leaving the half-human clone of the Doctor behind.
  14. Anonymous 3 August 2008 at 13:36
    The thing is though that looking back at the classic series. How many times did a companion leave and come back later. Never. It should be the same for the New Series. Once a companion does there time they shouldn't come back.
  15. Anonymous 5 August 2008 at 17:18
    I agree with anonymous. I think although i love rose Tyler, it's her time to step down. RTD ended series 4 with Rose and the human Doctor most probably hinting it's a happy ending for her and now it's time for a new companion.

    I think a fresh start would be good. I love rose and all, but i think she's happy now and it's time for another human being to shine (:

    and personally i think that not bringing back the Daleks is a good thing in a way. I mean, they've been brought back so many times, it's time for something new.

    I can't wait personally. I LOVED the previous series 1-4, and now it's time to see what Moffat does.

    I think a new companion and a new start (:
  16. Anonymous 10 August 2008 at 17:36
    I personally love Rose and think she is the best companion, but i do think that they should wait at least a series before bringing her back. I wouldn't mind if they bring her back before but i think it would be a bit to soon. I also think that they should bring back some old monsters in series 5.
  17. Anonymous 11 August 2008 at 20:56
    i luvv3 rose n dun wnt er 2 go cuz u no doctor n rose r made 4 each other!!!
  18. Anonymous 14 August 2008 at 05:44
    I love Rose Tyler, and I loved the storyline with the Doctor and her love interest. But realistically how can she come back? They've already brought her back from an impossible place and left her with her own version of the Doctor. I would have liked to see that story end differently, but the fact is that it has ended. Her return isn't really feasible.

    As for Steven Moffat's episodes, I've loved some of them, and I'm not such a fan of some. I'm a bit apprehensive of River. She seems to be yet another love interest and one of my favorite things about Donna Noble is that she had no romantic interest in the Doctor whatsoever. It will be sad to see her go because she lends such an interesting dynamic to the show.

    Honestly, I'm glad the Daleks are gone. They've been amazing and all, but really, how many times can you kill them all of and STILL have them return? Seriously, they're the neverending plague upon humanity and if they come back atgain it just really won't make sense.

    It will be interesting to see how a new head writer changes things up, and I look forward to seeing some differences. I say a sad farewell to Russel T. Davies, but it's time for change. After all, Doctor Who is ultimately a show full of change.
  19. Anonymous 15 August 2008 at 07:30
    No more Rose - gee, what a tradgedy. :/
    I loved Martha, strong, intelligent and not at all annoying, unlike Rose. She is a companion worthy of the Who hall of fame, not Rose.
    Thank goodness they don't trudge through more sentimentality for a character that doesn't deserve it.
    I also think that the Daleks need to be portrayed more like they used to be and Moffatt looks set to infuse some of the earlier darkness.
    'Daleks In NY' was OK, but 'Doomsday' was their best story since 'Remembrance' in the late 80s. Also, how great to see the Cybermen and Daleks go head to head, finally, in that episode.
  20. Anonymous 15 August 2008 at 07:30
    No more Rose - gee, what a tradgedy. :/
    I loved Martha, strong, intelligent and not at all annoying, unlike Rose. She is a companion worthy of the Who hall of fame, not Rose.
    Thank goodness they don't trudge through more sentimentality for a character that doesn't deserve it.
    I also think that the Daleks need to be portrayed more like they used to be and Moffatt looks set to infuse some of the earlier darkness.
    'Daleks In NY' was OK, but 'Doomsday' was their best story since 'Remembrance' in the late 80s. Also, how great to see the Cybermen and Daleks go head to head, finally, in that episode.
  21. Anonymous 15 August 2008 at 07:30
    No more Rose - gee, what a tradgedy. :/
    I loved Martha, strong, intelligent and not at all annoying, unlike Rose. She is a companion worthy of the Who hall of fame, not Rose.
    Thank goodness they don't trudge through more sentimentality for a character that doesn't deserve it.
    I also think that the Daleks need to be portrayed more like they used to be and Moffatt looks set to infuse some of the earlier darkness.
    'Daleks In NY' was OK, but 'Doomsday' was their best story since 'Remembrance' in the late 80s. Also, how great to see the Cybermen and Daleks go head to head, finally, in that episode.
  22. black cat 19 August 2008 at 23:41
    the doctor loved rose and i loved that and i well miss rose but i love the doctor ten times more so get over it i loved billie but love david i think he makes the doctor sexy, lovable and a funny person i love david and you should get over rose we cant change it get getting up the people who do all the work just for our enjoyment is wrong.

    love you david
  23. black cat 19 August 2008 at 23:43
    love you david
  24. Anonymous 26 August 2008 at 04:38
    Sorry but Rose might have to come back if people are going to see the fifth season because how he left her was cool but also sad. I miss Rose already and thinks that something should be done.
  25. Anonymous 28 August 2008 at 03:10
    Well, me personally I love her chaviliciousness. And the ending of Journey's End was very very iffy.

    There could be an ending that was better and could have given the show a twist. Some of the fanfic I have read gave an ending that had a lot better writing than the 2 parter itself and could have been done.

    I'm just curious how River will fit into the next season or 2.
  26. Rhi 3 September 2008 at 14:55
    Yay! No more Rose! To be honest I'm not a Rose Tyler fan, I mean she's good, but not as sophisticated and down-to-earth as Donna or Martha were.
  27. Anonymous 3 September 2008 at 22:12
    thank god for that i mean she's the worst companion in the history of who, even mel was better than her, finally russel is leaving and finally we'll see less of the over used daleks, if you keep using great villains like the daleks then you run out of places to go with them
  28. Anonymous 5 September 2008 at 18:57
    Is there something wrong with the bbc? I mean first i found out that in 2009 there will only be 5 torchwood episodes and now 3 episodes for doctor who?
  29. Anonymous 6 September 2008 at 00:27
    I LOVED Donna ... she was a breath of fresh air and was such a pleasure to watch! I cannot believe we have to wait 2 years, and then not even knowing if David Tennant will still be The Doctor??? Pure torture!! ANd when is Torchwood supposed to start again ..?? Only 5 eps of THAT too??? omg they are trying to kill me .... =[
  30. black cat 16 September 2008 at 00:04
    rose was kool but donna was better and i think it sucks how long we have to wait i cant wait that long for more doctor who. and i am still waiting to find y queen elizabeth the 1st hates the doctor.
  31. black cat 16 September 2008 at 00:04
    rose was kool but donna was better and i think it sucks how long we have to wait i cant wait that long for more doctor who. and i am still waiting to find y queen elizabeth the 1st hates the doctor.
  32. Anonymous 24 September 2008 at 23:50
    Wait is it true that Torchwood is only going to have 5 eps. next year?
    That's nuts

    I am a fan over in the US and was going nuts when I first heard the Doctor was back in 05 and we didn't have it here at that time.

    "Thank you torrents for fixing that problem for me."

    Now I'm hooked on Torchwood too. I have been hooked on Dr. Who since I was a kid.

    I liked the Rose story line and had no problem with them bringing her back for season 4 but it's time to let it go. No use in beating a dead horse.

    I think BBC is making a real mistake on waiting it out for so long to bring the show back again.

    I hope they are not trying to kill the show again. Although I am going to give Steven Moffat the benefit of the doubt.

    Besides its still the Doctor.
  33. Anonymous 26 October 2008 at 08:07
    I think Rose should come back in series 6; series 5 is too soon.
    Donna should come back too but not sure how?....
  34. Anonymous 27 October 2008 at 19:38
    ok, so i heard that donna is coming back < not so happy about that, i dont find her a very good character and thats just mee > i also heard the Rani is coming back too. im not really happy that rose may not come back, but i think moffat is right-she is alittle too needy....look on youtube for doctor who and people will share their videos on how donna comes back ^_^
  35. Anonymous 31 October 2008 at 05:03
    Just heard that David Tennant is quiting Doctor Who. Noooooooo! John Simm(The master) might replace him. I think that will be ok but i like David Tennant 100 000 000 times more.
    I also liked Donna Noble and she should come back in either Doctor Who or Torchwood.
  36. Anonymous 7 November 2008 at 02:56
    ok if the doctor is geting a new companion she or he must be funny or be just like donna with little remarks
  37. Anonymous 10 November 2008 at 05:37
    If they're getting rid of Rose Tyler, and they already got rid of Donna Noble (who was actually my favorite companion, thanks in part to a previous love of Catherine Tate's comedy) then they damn well better keep stupid Martha Jones off of Doctor Who. She can run around Cardiff with Torchwood all she wants just so long as she never sets foot in the TARDIS again.
  38. Nenya 16 December 2008 at 01:05
    I hated Rose and her whole family. All the companion love was one of the worst things in the history of TV. I have not yet watched seasons 3 and 4. It took forever for me to watch the new series because my heart was shattered when I saw that nightmare American TV movie and I was told by other fans it was remaining part of the Dr Who universe. Making the Doctor half human was ridiculous, a copy of Star Trek. And don't get me started on eric Roberts Master! The Doctor is a hero not a lover. Humans are like cats and dogs to timelords. Some of us would do just about anything to protect our pets just like the Doctor protects his companions. The Doctor falling in love with a companion is like a human falling in love with their pet. It's sick and twisted. And all the family and friends of Rose was just flat out boring.
  39. Anonymous 23 December 2008 at 00:17
    I love the chemistry between the Doctor and Rose.. but since DT is not coming back as 11th Doctor, I don't mind Rose Tyler not appearing on Season 5..
  40. Anonymous 27 December 2008 at 07:04
    I am glad that Rose is going. She was kind of nice but she seemed to be kind of useless without the doctor. I'm mad Donna had to go. I originally thought she was annoying but she got a lot better. She was smart. She saved all the universes and will never know it. Steven Moffat is a brilliant wirter. He comes up with ingenious monsters.
  41. Anonymous 2 January 2009 at 07:43
    I like Rose and always will, but she has returned once and it is best not to bring her back for a while. Stephen Moffat should bring back Donna Noble instead!
  42. Anonymous 26 January 2009 at 19:11
    OMG :O I <3 ROSE TYLER

    BUT I TELL THE TRUTH :

    STEVEN MOFFATS FATHER TAUGHT AT MY SCHOOL

    I DO NOT LIE :L
  43. Anonymous 30 January 2009 at 07:56
    We love Rose Tyler!!!!! She is the best companion eva!!!!!!!! She is such a great person & is not "needy" at all. What was Steven Moffats thinking, calling the favourite companion of all time "needy"!!! We love Rose and would love to see her back any time. it was terrible when she was sent to the parrallel world at the end of season 2. Rose Tyler and The Doctor are made for each other!!
  44. Anonymous 12 April 2009 at 01:55
    I’ve always been a big Rose fan, however… I can admit there were times I liked her more than others. For some reason, in the middle of her second series [around the “Rise of the Cybermen” time], she started to annoy me. But then, she picked up again near the wrap of Series Two, and I loved her all over again. I feel that the way things were left with Rose’s character in Series Four wrapped her story up nicely enough. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rose showed up again, maybe in a few years, like with Sarah Jane, but neither will I be crushed if this is the last we see of her for a while.

    As far as Rose being “Needy.” HA! If you want to talk about NEEDY Companions, look no further than Martha Jones.

    The Doctor kisses Martha ONCE… not even properly… as nothing more than a genetic decoy…a DISTRACTION, and she completely falls for him? What nonsense.

    Martha gets a Stupid hurt look on her face practically every time the Doctor mentions Rose. Perfect example, in [“The Shakespeare Code”], when the Doctor says: QUOTE…
    Doctor: “There’s such a thing as psychic energy but a human couldn’t channel it like that, not without a generator the size of Taunton and anyone would have spotted that. No. There’s something I’m missing, Martha. Something really close, staring me right in the face and I can’t see it. Rose would know. A friend of mine, Rose, right now she’d say exactly the right thing. Still, can’t be helped. You’re a novice. Take you back home tomorrow.
    Martha: Great. So then Martha gets all huffy and pissy about it, and blows out the candle. Crazy A#%… you’ve only known him a day.

    She WHINES about being taken to the same places as Rose: “You're taking me to the same planets you took her?” [“Gridlock”]. OH SHUT UP!

    The Doctor [In the episode titled “Human Nature”], forgetting his life as The Doctor thinking he is John Smith, Falls in real love with a human female… and Martha moans and wines that: “You {The Doctor} had to go and fall in love with a human…and it wasn’t me {Martha}”. Oh PLEASE. Stop with your whining; you ridiculous child.

    And, need I mention that inside the Journal he keeps as John Smith, about the adventures of a man with a blue-box… NOT ONE METION is made of Martha. The woman he remembers; even when he is no longer himself, is Rose Tyler. The Doctor has found love three times during the revamped run of the show… and none of those times did he fall for Martha.
  45. Unknown 23 August 2009 at 07:19
    Actually, Im a major Dr. Who fan Im an older individual and an avid reader of the old Books as well.

    I think removeing Rose was probably the worst mistake the series ever made. Yes she is needy and the Docter is aloof, They are complete oposites and make for an excelent compannion source as their traits compliment one another.

    Personally I think Rose should have been made a Time Lord at the end of series 2. There were hints all through the first and second seasons that she wasnt human anymore, and that the Tardis hd changed her. Also there is a perfect plot with that as well. She took in the full time vortex of the heart of the Tardis and was able to conciously controle it without it destroying her. Something even the Docter had said was and should have been impossible for her to do "as a human".

    Also in later series the Head of Boe even tells the Docter he isnt the last Timelord. What better way to show this then for Rose to become one through her past experiances. This also allows for the Time lord race to survive through them as technically, Timelords are Imortal and 2 could easily make 1000s over the course of time.

    There is a lot of hints and shadows in plot variation in this series, and I find it lacking that such shadows are not fufilled as they should be.

    After season 2 I stoped watching the series because the characters that made it what it was were no longer there. It became just another series without anything special to hang onto.

    Bring Rose back. And keep her in the series. If you have to change characters do it the right way. Kill her and have her transform as the Dr did into another person this allows you another actor if need be and personality changes to the docter yet keeps the story in line with the shadows and the plot schemes.

    It also keeps the fans happy as the characters who won the hearts and minds of the fans will remain.

    No one likes breakups, especialy when you kill perfectly good characters out from the series.

    Don't screw this one up like so many other have been. Dr. Who the serious has a lustrious reputation from the books to uphold.

    Don't Soil it. or you going to loose a lot of fans.
  46. Anonymous 22 September 2009 at 01:43
    Please, come back Rose. I love you



    The Doctor.
  47. Phoebe 16 October 2009 at 13:16
    i agree with all the posts in saying the daleks need a bloody good rest man they were dragged on a little (but i do quite enjoy their voice if i might add) but Rose?!!???!?!??! lets refresh ! the doctor and her love each other why get rid of her AND ADD KYLIE MINOGUE NOW COME ON KYLIE MINOGUE?!?!?!?!?! i think we would all prefer rose? wouldnt we? i cried the whole end of the episode "journeys end" because even no she recieved well " the doctor" it wasnt really him. Rose is his best companion and wiping her out is their biggest mistake
  48. Anonymous 25 October 2009 at 19:50
    Good- we've had enough Rose as it is, she isn't the be all and end all of Doctor Who, none of the companions have been or should be. She's had her time, let's move on - if we're bringing people back let's see how one or two of the older companions back like they did with Sarah Jane.

    Doctor Who existed before Rose and it'll go on after her
  49. Anonymous 16 November 2009 at 15:26
    How dare all of you - no more Rose indeed! If all of you haven't already noticed, she was the one who saved the Doctor from himself...she has captured the heart of thousands, and if you all don't like it then you can push off! We're not asking you to like her - if you don't, just don't watch it. But the majority of us love and adore Rose, so don't diss her. You're all lunatics. That's coming from a lunatic.
    Unfortunately, this is a public board, so I cannot say what is running through my mind right now. You are all evil, twisted, sick people and I pity you all.
    Do you want the doctor to spiral into despair and depression? Well, if you do then keep on hoping there'll be no more Rose.
    I, on the other hand, happened to notice the look on the doctor's face (thrilled and happy) when they were reunited in series four - and I hope to see that again.
    The Doctor, and the Tenrose shippers will be delighted and happy when Rose comes back...and I have a reliable source that happened to tell me that Rose is actually coming back with the clone doctor at the end of season 5.
    Viva la 10Rose!
  50. Anonymous 19 November 2009 at 01:40
    From the Anonymous above: "How dare all of you"
    It us just a show. Get over it.

    To voice my opinion though, I'm glad Rose is leaving. To be honest, I got tired of her around series 2 when did her annoying cry every time the Doctor wasn't with her. I'm kinda happy Moffat allegedly called her "needy". But that is just because I got tired of seeing her. Yes, Martha was needy, but she was much more level headed.

    So, The End of Time episodes should hopefully be the last time I see her. And bonus: Russel is leaving. I got tired of him turning everything into a campy romp. Did you know "The Unquiet Dead" was supposed to be scarier? But Russell wanted a fun romp instead. In Moffat and Smith we trust!
  51. Anonymous 23 November 2009 at 15:39
    Push. Off.
    This forum is no place for the likes of you.
    Just a T.v. show? Think so? Well, if you think so, do not contribute to this, and just don't watch doctor who anymore. Simple.
    Like I said, I am awaiting for the time when Rose comes back, just like a lot of people here are.
    Viva la 10Rose.

    P.S. To the comment below.
    Hate you. It's 10Martha...god, that sounds strange...10Martha? (shudders) Anyways 10Martha shippers like you that keep the real fans of doctor who from enjoying the show.
  52. Anonymous 25 November 2009 at 15:33
    Umm, ammendment to the comment above - P.S. To the comment above.

    Sorry about that...
    Viva la 10Rose!
  53. brian irwin 30 November 2009 at 12:50
    the doctor and rose r the best pairing then donna what did martha do accept save the world rose and donna have save the world millions of times david tennant can return as the doctor evan after regenarating i agree the daleks do need a rest 4 mayb a series icant belive u ppl r insulting rose tyler and rtd let me remind u if it was not 4 rtd doctor who would not have been brought back rose saved the world wiv out the doctor in series 2 "fear her" the doctor and rose r made 4 eachother donna should return in series 5 with jack (i hope there is a new series of torchwood soon cause i love torchwood and dt could join
  54. Anonymous 8 December 2009 at 22:10
    My main criticism about Rose Tyler isn't so much about the characterization of the character or her feelings or relationship with the Doctor. Rather, from a storytelling point of view, I just feel that Rose is overused. First she gets sucked into the parallel universe and we're told it's impossible to get her back. Then she reappears multiple times after. Each reappearance dilutes the effectiveness of the character and diminishes the credibility of the writers. Every time Rose reappears, I feel as though I'm watching another reunion tour of a band that broke up and swore they'd never do another reunion tour. Quite frankly, I've stopped caring about Rose.
  55. Anonymous 24 December 2009 at 03:04
    I know that many people are glad that Rose left... I'm a big fan of Rose, and I wouldn't mind IF she left, but I wish she could have a happy ending. It seemed that seeing Rose with the other doctor made the real doctor sad. I really don't find that as a happy ending. But, usually good things do not have happy endings but still. This is just my opinion.
  56. Anonymous 4 January 2010 at 12:13
    How about a spin off series with Rose and the human Doctor ? it would keep every one happy .
  57. Anonymous 6 January 2010 at 16:37
    Rose Tyler was a good companion for the first season but she quickly became irritating in the second season. If there was one companion that I'd like back on the show it would be Martha. Hell even Donna would be better than Rose. Also if I never have see Jackie Tyler again, I'll die happy happy man.
  58. Anonymous 10 January 2010 at 23:11
    I have to admit when I read this I was quite angry. I think describing Rose as "needy" is going a bit far. From what I remember she was independent but in love (and according to Russell T's commentaries the feeling was not one sided). In fact, were it not for the fact that I loved Girl in the Fireplace and Blink, it could quite easily have put me off watching the next series.

    But I do thinks he's right not to bring her back. I loved Rose as a character but I'm glad to think that she won't be back any time soon. It's time for some new characters, rather than just re-visiting the same ones again and again. I'd be quite happy if we didn't see ANY of the old characters, at least for Moffat's first season. I've seen enough of all of them for now (even Sarah Jane!)It's definitely time for some new blood; but any more blatant character bashing and I may have to re-think things.
  59. Will Kaiser 14 January 2010 at 04:19
    The only companion I would want to see back from RTD's era is Jack Harkness. The others have pretty much have their stories finished.

    Moffat, or even anyone for that matter couldn't really do anything with Rose anymore. Her cameo apperance in EOT specials was pretty meh. Maybe a cameo with her and the human 10th Doctor in Series 6 maybe?

    RTD's series was great and a blast to watch. But Moffat is much more subtle and better in capturing the more "classic" feel of DW IMO. I just hope that he can pull it off without focusing too much on the "fear" element which though he is a master of writing that, I don't want it to get old. I'm expecting great things from him and Smith.

    Bring on the new Series!
  60. Debbie 17 January 2010 at 03:53
    I also thought the time lord thing would have happened to Rose, especially with all the hints. Rose Tyler was my favourite companion because she was so carefree and perhaps 'needy'. A character who has issues with being needy is one who has room for improvement and growth (which i figured would happen!). Not to mention, the Doctor is in love with her - and she with him.

    If this story line isnt continued, I might stop watching the show for a bit. After 31 seasons, the Doctor should find someone to stay with for longer than a season or two. If he moves on from Rose easily when he 'loves' her, does that make him a womanizer? Frankly, how is that a good role model?

    Just my thoughts :D
  61. Anonymous 13 February 2010 at 02:08
    I think that they should at least show rose with the human doctor or something. i love rose and you ppl that say that you are happy that rose is gone...that's just mean..she made the doctor better! And he loved her so there. I love rose and i would love to see her again.
  62. Unknown 17 February 2010 at 07:59
    I would love to see rose again. I felt betrayed for her when the doctor left her in another world with fake doctor that she didnt want. and he wasnt just the doctor he was part donna too. bring rose back.
  63. mattmb619 17 February 2010 at 23:47
    ROSE NEEDS TO COME BACK! IF BILLIE PIPER DOESNT COME BACK THEN THAT MEANS DAVID TENNANT CANT COME BACK!

    SHE MUST FOR HIS SAKE!
  64. Jenny 23 March 2010 at 03:32
    I loved Rose more then any companion in the series. Her relationship with the doctor will forever be one of my favorites in all shows. Having said that, I am really interested in the new companion (amy) for the next season. If I like her with the doctor, I will ship them. I think they gave Rose a good send off. I loved that she can be happy with her own doctor in the parallel universe. If they are going to bring her back in the future, I want it to be that the doctor find his way to the other universe and finding Rose happy. That is not nessesary for me anyway. Rose and the doctor have found closure for me. Now he should move in with new people. Just my two cents :)
  65. Anonymous 14 April 2010 at 10:25
    I really want Rose back...... I was a really big fan of her. Well , if there were a spin off series with Rose and the human doctor, everyone would feel fine. There was actually one that was nearly made: Rose Tyler: Earth Defence. But Russell explained that there were too many spin offs but now that Torchwood is gone. Moffat, can you do it for him?
    I'll miss rose a lot.
  66. Anonymous 27 May 2010 at 13:49
    Hmm....Well honestly I love Rose, however I just as much love the fact she has a happy ending. I dont think pairing her with the new doctor would have the same chemistry.

    She was at her best working with David as the Doctor.


    However! And idea recently came to me. What about a spin off series. For that alternate universe? Where Rose and the Half Human doctor have to attempt to protect that Earth without things like the Tardis.

    Maybe even a cross over where there is a threat of the universes collapsing and the new doctor with his companion see rose and the old half doctor.

    I think it could be quite interesting. Who knows maybe it could happen in one of the cracks in space and time?
  67. Anonymous 30 October 2010 at 05:18
    There is one way Rose and the Doctor could come back. A full length feature film that could be a prequel to what's happening now. Obviously, the movie would have to star David and Billie. I know what enemy they should face too. The Weeping Angels. We never saw how Rose would handle a situation like this so I think it would be pretty interesting.
  68. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 17:44
    do not think Moffat should have said what he said about Rose being to needy when the fans have made it clear that she is their all time favorite companion. The fans have spoken Moffat; you should listen to them.

    I would love for Rose to come back and travel with the Doctor, but I just wonder how Moffat would explain her leaving the half-human clone of the Doctor behind.
  69. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 17:45
    Steven just can't get rid of Rose! It's not the same without her! Please Steven, bring her back for good!
  70. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 17:47
    Have any of you seen the love the Doctor and Rose share? It's obvious that Steven's going to bring her back. And I hope it's soon because Rose is my favorite!!!
  71. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 17:48
    Steven, I don't care what you think is best for the show. The viewers want Rose. So if you want to lose viewers, go ahead. But don't blame us for your failure.
  72. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 17:50
    I want to see Rose again! It's not fair! Why couldn't Donna stay back with the human doctor and Rose go with the real doctor? Moffat, bring Rose back!!
  73. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 17:55
    Personally I think Rose should have been made a Time Lord at the end of series 2. There were hints all through the first and second seasons that she wasnt human anymore, and that the Tardis hd changed her. Also there is a perfect plot with that as well. She took in the full time vortex of the heart of the Tardis and was able to conciously controle it without it destroying her. Something even the Docter had said was and should have been impossible for her to do "as a human".

    Also in later series the Head of Boe even tells the Docter he isnt the last Timelord. What better way to show this then for Rose to become one through her past experiances. This also allows for the Time lord race to survive through them as technically, Timelords are Imortal and 2 could easily make 1000s over the course of time.

    There is a lot of hints and shadows in plot variation in this series, and I find it lacking that such shadows are not fufilled as they should be.

    After season 2 I stoped watching the series because the characters that made it what it was were no longer there. It became just another series without anything special to hang onto.

    Bring Rose back. And keep her in the series. If you have to change characters do it the right way. Kill her and have her transform as the Dr did into another person this allows you another actor if need be and personality changes to the docter yet keeps the story in line with the shadows and the plot schemes.

    It also keeps the fans happy as the characters who won the hearts and minds of the fans will remain.

    No one likes breakups, especialy when you kill perfectly good characters out from the series.

    Don't screw this one up like so many other have been. Dr. Who the serious has a lustrious reputation from the books to uphold.

    Don't Soil it. or you going to loose a lot of fans.
  74. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 17:58
    If all of you haven't already noticed, Rose was the one who saved the Doctor from himself...she has captured the heart of thousands, and if you all don't like it then you can push off! We're not asking you to like her - if you don't, just don't watch it!! But the majority of us love and adore Rose, so don't diss her. You're all lunatics. That's coming from a lunatic.
    Unfortunately, this is a public board, so I cannot say what is running through my mind right now. You are all evil, twisted, sick people and I pity you all.
    Do you want the doctor to spiral into despair and depression? Well, if you do then keep on hoping there'll be no more Rose.
    I, on the other hand, happened to notice the look on the doctor's face (thrilled and happy) when they were reunited in series four - and I hope to see that again.
  75. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 18:01
    I would love to see rose again. I felt betrayed for her when the doctor left her in another world with fake doctor that she didnt want. and he wasnt just the doctor he was part donna too. bring rose back.
  76. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 18:08
    Rose Tyler was the original companion of the 9th and 10th doctor and she needs to come back.
  77. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 18:11
    Do you haters HONESTLY think Rose is gone for good? Think again! It's pretty obvious that Rose will be turned into a time lord, and I can't wait for that to happen! Rose is the best companion and I bet she'll come back. You all think that since Moffat is taking over then he'll get rid of Rose. That's where you're terribly wrong. Moffat will want to do what the viewers want. And the viewers want Rose. So if you don't like the show, then don't watch it.
  78. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 18:13
    Bring back Rose! She's definately the best companion! Donna annoyed me and I wish that SHE was the one to stay with the human doctor.
  79. Anonymous 24 February 2011 at 18:17
    Rose and the Doctor are forever, and I know Rose will be back. And that makes me happy. Because Moffat will want to do what's best for the viewers. He'll want to keep the viewers or else he'll get fired. And I can assure you there are MUCH MORE people who want Rose back than opposed to people who don't.
  80. Anonymous 4 March 2011 at 15:19
    No more Rose Tyler.
    I love David Tennant and 10th Doctor, but I'll never rewatch my DW2 DVD because of her.
    S4 brought her back as a monster. She saw how Torchwood One fell and she did same thing as them. I can't see her as a companion anymore. If she comes back, she should be the Doctor's enemy.
    I feel terrible for human Doctor though.
  81. Catherine 2 June 2011 at 21:12
    I was a tad disappointed with the way they wrapped things up for Rose. I felt bad for her, ending up with, well, a clone. But I think if they were to do a spinoff show, people would get used to him, and come to like him just as much as the original. Especially since ten has now been replaced. I think a spinoff series with Rose/human-Doctor would be great.
    But I also felt pretty bad for the Doctor, who seemed quite miserable at the whole prospect. And I rather liked the idea of Rose becoming a time lord. That *does* seem to make sense. And all they would have to do would be to kill off Doctor2 somehow, then send Rose back to Doctor1. Then by one of the those crazy phenomenons which science fiction is so well known for, change her. If they were to then make her a permanent character (like a wife, dare I say it) they could continue picking up and hauling around companions, and doing everything Dr. Who does best, only as a team. Nothing would really have to change, it would simply be adding another dynamic. Pretty straightforward. Although, the doctor is on his last legs, he can only regenerate a couple more times. I'm not sure turning her into a time lord would even be necessary. He more or less has the lifespan of a human now. But as mentioned before, the time lords are about to go extinct, and if Rose become a time lord herself, and the two of the got together, that could be prevented. I mean let's face it, time lords have proven themselves a handy bunch to have around, no? ;)
  82. Catherine 2 June 2011 at 21:13
    It seems like a spinoff show, or simply putting Rose and the Doctor together (finally...) are rather logical ways to conclude the whole Rose/Dr. Thing. Rose is popular with the majority of fans, and by doing either one of those things, overdone kinda leaves the picture. Plus I think they would satisfy most disappointments over the whole “Rose gets counterpart” deal. And honestly, the guy needs a chick. Badly. Someone to...er, balance him. And I don't mean all the girls he bounces back forth between, but someone consistent. And who better than Rose, really? She *did* change him after all.
  83. Anonymous 2 June 2011 at 21:27
    I think "needy" is rather unfair. She was the one who shouldered her gun, and went in search of the doctor in Stolen Earth, while everyone else spent a good half hour cowering pathetically before they really got to business. I liked Donna well enough, but there were times when all I really wanted was for her to stop freaking out over every single situation for a while, as it was rather more annoying than helpful. -_- Martha really annoyed me as well to be honest. But Rose was just...cool. :) I hope we see her again, in some way or another.

Something to say?