The Doctor Who DVD Files

By Mark
GE Fabbri, the publishers of Doctor Who Battles in Time, have announced that they have plans to release a second Doctor Who magazine. The magazine is currently titled "Doctor Who DVD Files" and the idea is that every issue will come with a DVD containing two episodes of Doctor Who. Apparently the magazine itself will feature character profiles, previously unseen artwork and interviews with some of the stars of the show. The first issue will go on sale at the price of £1.99 and the magazine will be published every fortnight. £6.99 will be the normal price of the magazine and the draft cover for the first issue can be seen above however at the moment the image is only available in black and white. The project is at a very early stage and before it goes widely on sale it will be tested somewhere in the United Kingdom to see how popular it is. It is not known when or where it will be tested yet.
Enjoy My Post
Please Comment Below
Thanks
 

18 comments so far.

  1. D.R.P. 11 August 2008 at 20:17
    Cool post, I wont be getting though.
  2. Anonymous 11 August 2008 at 20:19
    very nice! hahahahaha
  3. Anonymous 11 August 2008 at 20:45
    naaah - i probably won't get it either. mainly down to the price, but also the fact that i've already got most of the dvds :D
  4. Conor 11 August 2008 at 21:08
    Cool post, I will definitely be getting this, although im not sure it will be a success. Cool post and great site.
  5. The Powerful Boy 12 August 2008 at 03:47
    Great post
    Could you please add me to your Links my URL is http://doctorwhofans-drwhomad.blogspot.com
    Thanks
  6. Ayrton Knowles 12 August 2008 at 09:00
    Im Defenitly Getting It!
  7. Mark 12 August 2008 at 15:51
    Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. Welcome to the site anonymous, drwhomad and Ayrton Knowles. You've been added to the link list by the way Drwhomad :) To be honest, I probably will only get the first issue as it's cheap and I want to see what it's like. I wont get all the issues as I already have the boxsets :) Maybe if it's classic stories I will.
  8. Anonymous 12 August 2008 at 17:47
    i think they should use classic series episodes instead, yeah...
    i havent really watched any of the classic series episodes so it would be interesting, but judging by the working cover - maybe not :(
    i love battles in time, though.
    thought ill add that :)
  9. Anonymous 12 August 2008 at 17:58
    Again its another magazine thats a bit too expensive but the idea is good.
  10. Mark 12 August 2008 at 20:59
    Hiya anonymous and Sean welcome to the site, it is a good idea yeah and I do think it would be great if they did classic episodes :)
  11. CodeRedSonataron 13 August 2008 at 11:34
    I might get some of the Magazines but I wont collect all of them as £7.00 is too expensive

    PS: Please Could you add my link to the links section it is www.sonataron.blogspot.com
  12. Anonymous 13 August 2008 at 11:59
    great news post and site.

    When it is tested i shall be emailing to see if they would be prepared to a magazine only version, since i have most of the Dvd's.

    I might get i if they do classic who episodes as i have yet to see one classic who episode
  13. Doctor Who Hideout 13 August 2008 at 13:58
    Cool Post. Not to sure why another Doctor Who magazine is being released. Apparently they will start off with the first series by giving out Rose and The End of the World as the gifts. I suspect this Magazine will not be as popular as the rest.
  14. Anonymous 13 August 2008 at 15:02
    This is a rip-off. Two new series episode per issue, no original artwork, no DVD case and a black and white magazine.
  15. The Powerful Boy 14 August 2008 at 08:08
    the magazine won't be black and white . we can only see it like that at the moment. read it properly.
  16. Anonymous 15 August 2008 at 13:38
    I have read the article properly, but I am stating an official fact from the company.
  17. Unknown 13 November 2008 at 13:52
    I have found some great Dr Who merchandise and gift ideas at Forbidden Planet at many of which I have never seen in the shops. Thanks for the post Mark, I think like yourself, I will buy the first issue to see if it is any good. £6.99 is a fair amount but if it has good content then it will be worth it.
  18. Anonymous 16 January 2009 at 13:17
    Have already got the first magazine. Can you please tell me how many there will be in the series so I can persuade my mum to buy them for me.

Something to say?