The End of Tardis and Torchwood Treasures

By Mark
This is now my 1,855th post to date on this website and I'm sorry to say that it will unfortunately be my last. Due to various other commitments, mainly education, I have recently found myself unable to keep up to date in posting all of the latest news. I'd like to take this time to thank every single one of you who has ever visited this website and supported it, it means a lot and I've had a great time over the past three years. Tardis and Torchwood Treasures has today turned three years old and with over 745,000 hits, I'm very proud of how succesful it has been. I'm also proud to say that I managed to keep it updated every single day barring two days when my computer had to be repaired and over time, the site has received a total of one hundred and sixty seven followers. Don't worry though, there are still plenty of other websites which are updated with the latest news and some of these can be found here in this website's very own link section. Special thanks and mentions go out to; Alex, Ashleigh, Aquatics64, Ayrton, Becky from The Oncoming Storm, Brad from The Gallifrey Vortex, Carly, Claire, Colin Kelly, Conor from Tardis Base, Cpotey, Daniel, Danzi, Hayley, Kane from Tardis 911, Kyle from Doctor Who Mad Online, Luke from The Doctor Who Site, Paul, Rhys, Rhys from Doctor Who Hideout and Robert Cyberman from Australia. Although I'm closing this website, I'm still a massive fan of Doctor Who, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures and K9. I'm really looking forward to seeing where all four shows go next and I hope you all enjoy the futures of the programmes too. Thanks once again for everything, best wishes, Mark.
 

27 comments so far.

  1. Doctor Who Hideout 14 February 2010 at 20:01
    Goodbye Tardis and Torchwood Treasures. This site has been absolutely fantastic and an inspiration to pretty much ever Doctor Who Blogger and will be sadly missed.
  2. Anonymous 14 February 2010 at 20:02
    This is really sad :( This was one of the first Doctor Who blogger sites that I started to visit regularly. Never say never, you might be back with a bigger/different website one day hopefully :D
  3. Bad Wolf 14 February 2010 at 20:04
    This has been such an impressive and brilliant site and its really a shame to see it ending. The fact that you've kept it so up to date is a excellent achievemnet and you should be proud. Hope to be seeing more from you in the future.
  4. Brad 14 February 2010 at 20:17
    I remember visiting this website back in 2007 every day when it had a standard Blogger template and was a great source for Doctor Who. It's fair to say that the site improved a great deal over the past three years, which have been a huge inspiration to my and I'm sure many other Doctor Who websites. The website has been a must visit for me and I'm really sad that you've decided to close, despite that I respect your decision. I hope we speak again soon, Mark. Best wishes for the future.

    Brad
  5. DJ Rob Cyberman 14 February 2010 at 21:38
    Thanks Mark, you're an absolute legend!! Best of luck with what ever you do next.
  6. Anonymous 14 February 2010 at 22:12
    yes very very very very very very very very very very very very very very sad
  7. Anonymous 14 February 2010 at 23:08
    You will be missed
  8. Conor 14 February 2010 at 23:50
    This website inspired mine, and a lot of others too, such amazing work here, it will be missed. Good luck with the future Mark :)
  9. Anonymous 15 February 2010 at 01:45
    I'll miss your updates on the DW Adventures. As not being able to buy them in shop, it was always nice to read what's going to be in them, when visiting UK the week after.

    All the best!
    Educations first! ;)
  10. Collin Kelley 15 February 2010 at 04:02
    Oh, I do hope you will change your mind once the new series of DW begins. This has been my go-to site for news. You have done an amazing job! Brave heart.
  11. Anonymous 15 February 2010 at 04:08
    Goodbye TARDIS and Torchwood Treasures, it was awesome :) Now I have to try to find another website that is almost as good as this one!
  12. Anonymous 15 February 2010 at 09:49
    i will be sad not to visit your site for the latest news :( good luck in everything that you do
  13. Anonymous 15 February 2010 at 09:55
    How could you stop on the SAME day as Doctor Who Mad Online!
  14. a64 15 February 2010 at 12:13
    I'm glad - and astonished - that you've kept the website running every single day! There's always something new, and it's consistently high quality.

    Good luck in the future.
  15. Kane 15 February 2010 at 13:21
    I remember back in 2007 when i wanted to make a site on blogger about doctor who and you and conor from tardis base helped me alot. I have visited this site every day of every month of every week. I hope i can still talk to you mark on msn and i wish u all the luck in the world. also i hope one day when ur less busy with education that you might bring the site back. so thank you so much for helping me get on my way and supporting me with all my sites thanks Kane
  16. Star Gazing Director! 15 February 2010 at 22:33
    This website has been my source of whovian news for the past three years so i will miss it greatly that you mark!!
  17. Anonymous 16 February 2010 at 06:15
    sorry to see you're giving up the site. it's been a pleasure reading your posts. all the best for the future :o)
  18. Mnemonick 16 February 2010 at 14:58
    God... everyone is falling down. What's going on?

    You were a superb, increible page, so professional and so much interesting information in it... This was one of my main references for the Doctor Who Universe, and one of the few with su much good, good taste for everything.

    I hope you can do something about this. If not, I will be always waiting for your return.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who will miss this site and your work.
  19. Utopia! 17 February 2010 at 14:16
    This is so sad. :(

    This website has been really awesome! It has been the best Doctor Who bloggers sites!

    I have been very glad to visit the website for the latest news. I'm really going to miss it!

    You've done an amazing work!
    Thank you SO MUCH!

    Good luck for the future!
  20. Anonymous 21 February 2010 at 10:09
    I've checked this site everyday, so sad to see it end :(
    Good luck for whatever you do next.
  21. Cecilia 11 March 2010 at 14:21
    I'm sad to see that you're closing the page. It has been a very good Dr Who and Torchwood-source. But, you can't always keep doing the same thing so thank you for a good site!

    Good luck with everything!!
  22. crmhpfan 20 March 2010 at 01:57
    Hi Mark, it's Crmhpfan from when I ran Totally Torchwood. Just wanted to congratulate you on your amazing website and your commitment to it - three years is amazing! After having to shut down my blog/site I can understand how sad it is to shut down your own. You should be very proud of Tardis and Torchwood Treasures! Great luck for the future, and here's to the new series of Doctor Who!
    -Crmhpfan
  23. Mike 27 March 2010 at 11:54
    Major bummer!
    On the one hand, like many above, I'm tempted to say "best of luck etc and thanks for all the hard work you've put in". However, on the other I really hope you do make a return someday, maybe not even on a regular basis. Possibly just the odd post when you come across something exciting.
    I do hope the studies go well regardless.
  24. Daniel P. 22 April 2010 at 17:40
    Sorry I'm a "little" late with my comment, I've been busy with education and stuff as well lately that I haven't really been browsing Who sites like I used to do all the time.
    Even though I knew you where going to stop it, It's a shame to see the site go, but life and education is more important.

    The past few years have been... crazy.
    Haha well crazy, fun, everything.

    I hope you do well and that I'll speak to you soon.

    Farewell Tardis and Torchwood Treasures.

    Ps: try and read this like you've just shut the site down.. bit awkward being three months late lol.
  25. the doctor 25 July 2010 at 10:52
    I love this site and i am very proud of the makers of this site with such skill to update a website everyday, if only i had those skills to make one of my own but however this website is just simply the best. Goodbye Tardis And Torchwood Treasures
  26. TV aerial Installation 17 February 2011 at 14:19
    Goodbye triple T.. Hope that someone casts a revival spell on the site! :)
  27. Britain's Got Talent 27 March 2011 at 15:45
    So sad to hear this :(

Something to say?